Sperm count is an important factor for infertility. Low sperm count is a cause of infertility in 20% of couples who have infertility problems.
Total sperm count is the measured sperm cell number in a whole semen sample. Sperm count is calculated by multiplying semen volume mL and sperm concentration. Sperm concentration is the sperm cell number per semen fluid mL.
There are some simple tips that you can use to protect your sperm cells and increase the number fo sperm count.
Simple tips to increase sperm count
- Smoking is one fo the most effective factors that reduce sperm count. Try to avoid smoking and also reduce your alcohol consumption to protect your sperm cells.
- Eat zinc rich foods to increase your sperm count and sperm quality. Pumpkin seeds, red meat, sesame, spinach are foods that you can eat for zinc intake.
- Nuts , especially walnut contains antioxidants which are necessary for high sperm count and sperm health
- Try to be active and make exercises, avoid sedentary lifestyle.
- Don’t use bicycle for long hours.
- Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Make activities to increase your physical and mental condition.
- Try to sleep well, wake up early with sunrise.
- Go a holiday with your partner to reduce your stress level and feel closer.
- Try to eat a little amount of walnut, dark chocolate and garlic daily. These 3 foods contains minerals which are necessary for your sperm count and sperm quality.
- Don’t forget that low sperm count and infertility is a health problem like any other disease. Don’t be shy, if you have infertility problem consult a specialist to have a semen analysis and treatment.